- Computing Systems
- Educational Materials
Getting Access to Keeneland
Identify what you need
Request your project
Go to the ACCOUNT REQUEST page on the NICS user portal, and choose the appropriate option as listed below:
Fill out the required information, choosing "Keeneland" in the "Resources" menu, and submit the form.
You will receive an email once your account has been created or project reviewed. Existing users should be log in once they receive this email using their NICS OTP token. New users will receive an email with a pdf attached, which contains a copy of NICS policies as well as your NICS Token Activation Form. In addition, new users should receive their OTP token in the mail. When you get the token, fill out the Token Activation Form, have it notarized, and send it back to NICS. You must return the notarized form before your OTP token will be activated. Usually universities will have a notary on staff, if not they should be able to direct you to one.
- If you already have a project, your supervisor, adviser, or instructor should be able to add you to their project, and provide you with the project name/ID. Note that projects on other NICS Systems (e.g., Kraken) are not transferable to Keeneland. If you do not have a project, you will need to create a new project that describes your planned use of Keeneland. Choose option (1) or (2) below.
If you have a NICS account, you should already have an OTP token for OTP logins, and be able to log in to other NICS resources. Otherwise, choose option (1) or (3) below, and you will be sent an OTP token and ID when your account is approved.
- Create a New (Keeneland) Project for a New (NICS) User
- Create New (Keeneland) Project for Existing (NICS) User
- Add a New (NICS) User to an Existing (Keeneland) Project. In most cases, your supervisor, adviser, or instructor will provide this Keeneland project name/id to you.
- Add an Existing (NICS) User to an Existing (Keeneland) Project. In most cases, your supervisor, adviser, or instructor will provide this Keeneland project name/id to you.